Wednesday, September 7, 2016

3

I was one of the best in school. I went over my head with it too. Life has its ways to humble you. A great man once said: "stay humble or be humbled". I will forever remember that phrase. You make mistakes. That's what happens when you're young. 

I was motivated by good intent. I wanted a better quality of life for the girl I loved and myself. We talked about marriage. Our heads were filled with love as much as our hearts were, at that time. It was a moment I will never forget. I will cherish that moment. Reality was not so kind. He had other plans for me. 

Circumstances got in the way and I thought about running away with her. I wanted to be with her so bad, despite all the complications life threw at me. However, I chose the easy way out. I broke up with her because I didn't want her to get hurt any more. I wonder every now and then whether I did right by her. I should have given her a chance. But I knew her answer. 

I learned that it is better to let people choose their destinies, instead of hiding possibilities from them. I think you'd have less regrets after time has past. Maybe our relationship would have continued if I opened up to her, but now I will never know the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment