After a 3 hour drive to the city, I waited another 2 hours to check-in. My parents were there with me. We were not close. I tried not blame them. It was as much as my fault as it was theirs.
Before they sent me off, we exchanged hugs and took pictures. I was uncomfortable with that. All I could think of was the freedom that I will feel after I step towards that gate. I had a one-way ticket after all.
I waited 2 hours for my flight, and I was bound for Seoul, Korea. That was not my final destination, only a transit. There was a girl next to me during the flight. She was cute. We talked. That made the 7 hour flight more bare-able. Her name was Jenifer. She was going to Tokyo, Japan to meet some friends. I thought to myself, "What a great thing it is to be free!"
I know that freedom is not cheap. It comes with a price, and some times the price can be all too costly. Despite that, I still pursue it.
Freedom seemed elusive for me back home. There were always strings attached. The moment I got my visa was the happiest moment of my life. I can finally run away from here. I want to be in a place where I can be myself. I want to be the best version of myself! In a less than 24 hours, I will reach that place.
No comments:
Post a Comment